Copy of Wheel Hoe Assembly Instructions - Valley Oak Tool Company Wheel Hoe
HOW TO ASSEMBLE YOUR VALLEY OAK WHEEL HOE:
>>> DOWNLOAD THE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS PDF <<<
Valley Oak Wheel Hoes are shipped disassembled, but you can put one together in less than 5 minutes.
1. ATTACH THE HANDLE PLATES TO THE HANDLES
Slide the 4 Machine Screws through the Front Handle Plate (the one with the Valley Oak Tool Company sticker). Slide the 2 Handles onto the screws and place them on the floor with the Front Handle Plate face down and the handle grips facing upward.
Place the Back Handle Plate on the upper side. Use 2 Washers on each machine screw and finger tighten the 4 Nylock Nuts to connect the handle plates.
Tighten the handle plates to the handles with a Phillips head screwdriver and 7/16” wrench.
DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN AND DISTORT THE HANDLES.
The washers are provided so that when tight, the machine screws are flush with the outside of the nuts but do not protrude past the nylock nuts. The ends of the machine screws are very sharp!
2. ATTACH THE HANDLE ASSEMBLY TO THE WHEEL CHASSIS ASSEMBLY
Connect the Handle Assembly to the Wheel Chassis Assembly with the 2 Bolts (3/8”x1”), 2 Flat Washers, 2 Lock Washers, and 2 Nuts found in Bag 2.
Put a Flat Washer on a Bolt and slide the bolt through the lower hole in the Yoke and the lower hole in the Flange of the handle. Slide a second flat washer on the bolt, then slide a Lock Washer and a Nut on the bolt inside the yoke.
Repeat on the other side. Tighten the 2 Bolts snug but not brutally tight with 2 wrenches.
3. ATTACH THE T-HANDLE HEIGHT ADJUSTER
Slide the long bolt through the slotted hole in the Yoke and the upper hole in the Flange of the handle.
Place the Yoke Tube between the flanges of the handles and slide the long bolt inside the tube. The bolt emerges through the other handle flange and the other slot. Use a Washer on one side of the yoke tube if there is space between the handle flanges.
Slip a Washer on the bolt and screw on the T-Handle. The wheel hoe handles can be adjusted up or down to the most comfortable height. Tighten the T-Handle to lock the handles in position.
Congratulations! Your Valley Oak Wheel Hoe is now ready to use!
WHEEL HOE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
• Connect a Blade Assembly or other Wheel Hoe attachment using the Quick Release Pin.
• Adjust the handle height so that the operator’s hands are at waist level.
• For light weeding in loose soil, the operator may walk along steadily, keeping the blade 1/2” to 1” below the soil surface.
• In heavy soils or with larger weeds, a back and forth motion may be required. The oscillating action of the blade dislodges weeds.
• Wheel Hoe blades come unsharpened for your safety. For larger weeds or tighter soils, it helps to sharpen the blade with a Mill Bastard File or Speedy Sharp.