A Broadfork by Valley Oak Tool Company is the ultimate garden digging tool.
With the Valley Oak Broadfork there is no need for the expense, noise and pollution of gas-powered equipment. You can deeply aerate and loosen the soil on your farm, or in your garden, with minimal effort. When you choose to buy one of our broadforks, you can be sure that you have made the right choice.
SALE: SAVE $20 on all Steel-Handle Broadforks.
"I was not sure how this tool was going to perform in my clay soil. It (the Valley Oak Tool Broadfork) was awesome. I would definitely recommend this tool to anyone. It is well worth the money. It is well made and will last many years." Darrin G
We offer six broadfork models in three different sizes. All our broadforks share the same heavy-duty, welded-steel construction. All are available with either steel or hardwood handles.
Many people order our wood handled broadforks because of the classic style and feel of a wooden handle. We recommend steel handles for maximum strength and durability.
Each model of our broadfork will:
- Deeply aerate soil — our tool aerates 12" deep for greater water and nutrient uptake by your plants.
- Offer an alternative to double digging — broadforking deeply loosens the soil, removing the need to double dig beds.
- Increase water percolation for less wasted water.
- Preserve soil structure for root development and earthworm habitat which means bigger, more vibrant plants.
- Replace the need for a rototiller — no need for the noise, gas, fumes, and shaking hands.
- Require no expensive maintenance — just wash away any soil and store it in a dry place.
The Valley Oak Broadfork™ is farm tough and designed for comfortable all-day use. It is built with superior craftsmanship out of the best materials available. We've reinforced all the areas where other forks bend or break. It will make quick work of hardpan and other compacted ground without breaking down the composition of the soil like a rototiller.
A note on handles: We are pleased to be one of the only manufacturers offering broadforks with both wood and steel handles. There are advantages and drawbacks to both styles (see FAQ). The wood handles are American ash from the Tennessee region. Steel handles are made of strong and lightweight chromoly steel. Our steel-handled broadforks are only one pound heavier than our wood-handled models.
All Valley Oak Broadforks are backed by our 5-Year Guarantee.
Why do serious gardeners love our broadfork?
- ¼” Thick tempered-steel tines — We've put these tines to the ultimate test. Even in roots, rocks, and clay they're nearly impossible to bend.
- Weighted and balanced for all-day use — We designed the Valley Oak Broadfork to strike the ideal balance between ground-breaking efficiency and all-day ease of use.
- 12" Long tines — This is the perfect length for aerating your garden soil. Tines longer than 12" make the tool difficult to use for prolonged periods and for average-size gardeners.
- 1½" Square treadbar — Round steel is very slippery, especially when wet. A square treadbar creates amore stable place for you to stand and 1½" is plenty wide for your feet to be comfortable and secure.
- Balanced design, stout handles, reinforced tines, and a wider treadbar — We make a tool that is simple to use, extremely durable, totally reliable, and easy on your body.
- Human powered, no smelly fumes, no jolting noise, no pollution, and it saves earthworms.
- No assembly required — Your broadfork will arrive as a single unit (in the Contiguous U.S.). It is ready to go to work, right out of the box.
- Made in the U.S.A. — Hand made in our shop in Chico, CA.