The 5-Tine Broadfork from Valley Oak Tool easily breaks up & aerates heavily compacted dirt 12 inches deep.
Our Broadfork is farm tough, but designed for comfortable all-day use.
Featuring foot long tines that won't bend even in tough soil, seriously strong ash wood handles that are better balanced and more comfortable than steel, and a wide flat treadbar so your feet have a sturdy place to stand.
This garden tool will last a lifetime.
Why Do Serious Gardeners Love Our Broadfork?
1. ½” Thick steel tines reinforced with ¼” thick welded steel gussets. We've put these triple welded tines to the ultimate test. Even in roots, rocks, and clay they're nearly impossible to bend.
2. Hand-Lathed Points (not cut at an angle like others) - Turning the points on a lathe reduces the amount of resistance it takes to push the tool into the soil. Less work makes your job easier.
3. Weighted & Balanced For All Day Use - We designed the Valley Oak broadfork with the average gardener in mind, we could have made it bigger, but ultimately we wanted you to be able to easily use it all day.
4. 12" Long Tines - The perfect length for aerating your garden soil. Tines longer than 12" make the tool hard to use for average sized gardeners.
5. 1 ½" Wide Square Treadbar - Making a square treadbar (round steel is very slippery, especially in the mud) creates a more stable place for you to stand. 1 1/2" is plenty wide for your feet to be comfortable, secure, & stable
6. Strong Ash Handles 1½" in Diameter - Wood is more comfortable to use than steel. It's uneffected by hot and cold, it's much easier to grip, it costs less to ship & it's much lighter. (There is a 6 Month Replacement Guarantee on the handles. After that, replacement handles are available for $15 each, or $25 for a pair, but you'll probably never need them).
7. Balanced design, stout wood handles, reinforced tines, and a wider treadbar - We make a tool that is easy to handle, extremely durable, totally reliable, and far easier on your body to use.
8. Human powered, no smelly fumes, no jolting noise, no pollution, & it saves earthworms.
9. Proudly Made in the U.S.A. - Hand made in our shop in Chico, CA.
What Our Customers Are Saying About This Tool:
Posted by Harl Myers on 27th Aug 2012
I did a garden plot that is new this year. True the sod was dead and had been turned over by a small plow a month before. However the plow probably only went 4 inches deep. I did the 32 by 38 foot plot in 2 days working in the cool part of the day. I did 3 rows with it and then raked it down and planted my cover crop, (Rye). Then did another 3 rows. It is work, but I am 63 and it was not that bad. I could listen to the ipod while I worked and it made the time go by pretty quick.
I have a bunch of evergreen bushes to remove and think this will come in handy at that time as well.
Posted by Garth Mudge on 21st Apr 2012
The handles fit very tight and did not break while lifting a willow tree. I found and removed those rocks that I could hear the rotovator hitting. BIG rocks WAY down in the soil and the gusseted tines did not bend! I'm sure it will hold up a long time. Looking forward to working over the whole garden.
Posted by Pam in east Tennessee on 16th Mar 2012
I purchased the 5 Tine Broadfork in January 2012. This has become my favorite garden tool. The Broadfork is very well made, handles are easy to attach and it is well balanced and actually fun to use. The Broadfork is earth and earthworm friendly because no gasoline is required for operation and there are no bits and pieces of dead earthworms. This product should actually be rated TEN stars....best garden purchase ever!