5 Tine Broadfork
The 5-Tine Valley Oak Broadfork breaks up and aerates heavily compacted soil 12 inches deep.
Our Broadfork is farm tough, but designed for comfortable all-day use. It is built with superior craftsmanship out of the best materials available. We've reinforced all the areas where other forks bend or break. It will make quick work of hardpan and other compacted ground without breaking down the composition of the soil like a rototiller
Why Do Serious Gardeners Love Our Broadfork?
- ¼” Thick tempered-steel tines - We've put these tines to the ultimate test. Even in roots, rocks, and clay they're nearly impossible to bend.
- Weighted and balanced for all-day use - We designed the Valley Oak Broadfork to strike the ideal balance between ground-breaking efficiency and all-day ease of use.
- 12" Long tines - This is the perfect length for aerating your garden soil. Tines longer than 12" make the tool difficult to use for prolonged periods and for average-size gardeners.
- 1 ½" Square treadbar - A square treadbar (round steel is very slippery, especially when wet) creates a more stable place for you to stand. 1 ½" is plenty wide for your feet to be comfortable, secure, and stable
- Strong ash handles 1½" diameter - Wood handles are comfortable to use. They give and flex as you work, causing less impact to your body. Wood is unaffected by heat and cold; it's easy to grip.
- Balanced design, stout wood handles, reinforced tines, and a wider treadbar - We make a tool that is simple to use, extremely durable, totally reliable, and easy on your body.
- Human powered, no smelly fumes, no jolting noise, no pollution, and it saves earthworms.
- Made in the U.S.A. - Hand made in our shop in Chico, CA.
This broadfork ships fully assembled to our customers in the Contiguous U.S. It is ready to go to work, right out of the box.
5 Year Warranty
Showing reviews 1-5 of 9 | Next
Posted by Hiranya on 5th May 2015
This is a great tool. However, it is not for the average, older woman to use for extended periods of time due to its weight. Had I known, I would have purchased the 4 tine model.
Old fashioned quality and durability.
Posted by Denette on 21st Apr 2015
This is a tool the Tool Time guy would be excited about. It's tough and gets the job done with minimal effort.
Posted by Darrin Gainer on 11th Apr 2015
I was not sure how this tool was going to perform in my clay soil. It was awesome. I would definitely recommend this tool to anyone. It is well worth the money. It is well made and will last many years.
Posted by Rachael on 9th Nov 2014
This tool is very easy to use and does exactly what it is supposed to. It breaks up the soil deeply. The only recommendation I can make is to add treads to the top of the tines where you step to add some traction.
Increase Your Garden Production
Posted by Unknown on 13th Sep 2014
We have been using this tool for the last two seasons at our community garden and have found that the vegetable garden production increased by about 43%. Once we use it to prepare the planting bed in the spring we do not need it until the following year. Our beds are 4 foot wide and the broad fork will cover the bed in two side by side passes. Once we till the bed, we do not step foot on them to avoid soil compaction.
Showing reviews 1-5 of 9 | Next